Ben has a strong track record as a choral director and workshop leader.
Present posts include:
- Kingston Chamber Singers (2001 onwards)
- Leith Hill Musical Festival (2014 onwards)
- Thames Philharmonic Choir (2016 onwards)
- Southampton Choral Society (2018 onwards)
Previous posts include:
- Worthing Choral Society (1997-2003, appointed aged 20)
- London College of Music Chamber Choir (2000-03)
- Kingston University Vox Choir (2005-07)
Ben is also a Music Leader for HF Holidays.
Ben is well-known as a workshop leader for choirs, leading days on themes such as opera choruses, musical theatre, acting through song, and developing good technique, and is happy to tailor specific all-day sessions to choirs on request.
Recent all-day workshops have included ‘Musical Theatre’ ‘Opera Choruses’, ‘Acting through Song’, and specific works such as Dido and Aeneas, and The Canterbury Pilgrims.
Ben has guest-conducted, led workshops or accompanied for choirs/groups including:
- Voices of Hangzhou Youth Choir (China)
- Fareham Philharmonic Choir
- Da Capo Dansweiler (Germany)
- Milton Keynes Chorale
- St Paul’s Knightsbridge Festival Chorus
- English Arts Chorale
- Finchley Children's Music Group
- Kingston University Chamber Choir
- Fulham and Hammersmith Choral Society
- Capel Choral Society
- Chichester Festival Theatre (community outreach)
- Trinity Laban Show Choir
- Sung with and played for Cantabile (The London Quartet)